Saturday, April 12, 2008

Fantastic Candles

Wow!
I have just come home from a fantastic candle making workshop we held to celebrate Youth Week. What a steep learning curve. Although I boldly declared a few months ago that we would be doing so for Youth Week, my knowledge of candle making was zip! Now, just ask me....
Thanks so much to Alison & Denielle who did so much today - without them it wouldn't have happened.
Thanks also to Lynne at All Australian Candlemaking - who guided me as to what products would be easy to use & the quantities I would need. Her estimates were spot-on!
http://www.candlemaking.com.au/

We made Ice Candles, used Candle Sand in little glass coffee cups, made Flowers in cake moulds & embellished them with beads, and made candles of many other sizes and shapes.

Everyone seemed to enjoy the morning (especially the milk shakes) and as they left, many asked "What will we be doing next year?"
It was lovely to spend the morning with a group of well mannered, happy, inquisitive children.
I will have to start working on what we will do next year......

No comments: