Thursday, March 6, 2008

Birthday Cakes

Have you ever wondered how many birthday cakes you have had over the years? One day I will sit and calculate how many... but not only that, my "favourite cake" changes over time. I do recall one very special birthday as a child where I was able to have an Ice Cream Cake, and then there was the cake I had for my 10th birthday party which was a Chocolate Marshmallow cake - Yum! I have just baked a cake which has recently become a favourite at our place.

Chocolate Raisin Cake
In a bowl combine

  • 1.2 kg raisins
  • 1 cup rum
  • 250g dark chocolate chopped
  • 250g melted butter, cooled
  • 4 eggs, lightly beaten
  • Add to the mixture

    2 cups of plain flour, sifted with 1 teas allspice, 1/2 teas cinnamon & 1/2 teas ginger.

      Bake in 2 round cake tins at 180 degrees for about 1 hour.

      3 comments:

      pls@slnsw said...

      Ahh, at last a blog that celebrates the important things in life and work - chocolate cakes!

      I've been trying to think of a clever Learning 2.0 mnemonic, but maybe we'll all be having so much fun we'll forget we're learning and we won't need one.

      Victoria

      sydkev said...

      Phoaw! Looks like a healthy recipe!

      I remember having a birthday for my 8th birthday which was in the shape of an eight. It was iced to look like a racing track and there were matchbox cars racing around it.

      Libraries, but we don't have the money! said...

      Looks like a great recipe, thanks for sharing it, you can't beat a good chocolate cake!