Sunday, March 16, 2008

RSS after further investigation

Well, now I know a little bit more about this component of Web 2.0. Have been looking at Google reader & have set up a folder with a "blog" list of all our library staff. I think this will make it easier than checking each one individually! I think having news feeds on Google reader will be better for me than using Bloglines, simply because it puts everything on the one starting point ie Google.I could see an RSS feed being a way of setting up a virtual "BookClub" with a library service blog to announce a book to be discussed, and then public / staff participation to discuss the book on line. Also added Blog search button to my toolbar - instant library information from a number of Blogs. Wow, the housework / shelving will never get done now!

3 comments:

Adnil said...

Hi Hippychick

thanks for your feedback on my blog. There are so many things to learn it is challenging me to soak it all in. I will require your help to add an RSS to my blog, as I have tried and can not seem to manage it. i went to googlereader and looked around and was still unable to get it. How is your easter weekend going??

Judy @ Coffs Kids said...

Hi Adnil - Easter has been very relaxing, but most enjoyable visiting Aunt & cousin and enjoying Harmony Day Celebrations. Will look at the RSS feed protocols and get back to you on that one. It really is amazing how our mind expands to take in what we need it to just wish I could remove some of the extraneous stuff!!

pls@slnsw said...

Some good ideas there for using rss feeds at work. And after all, anything is more diverting than the housework!

Victoria